Our 2021 SummerSault Program
We have learned so much this school year about how to create an engaging, warm, fun, and healthy environment for young children. We can’t wait to put all this knowledge to work for our SummerSault campers, and we hope you will plan to join us! Here is a brief overview of our planning, and stay tuned for more updates!
2021 Camp Dates and Times
Three two-week sessions:
- Tuesday, June 15th - Friday, June 25th
- Monday, June 28th - Friday, July 9th (Monday, July 5th off)
- Monday, July 12th - Thursday July 22nd
- Monday - Thursday, 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Friday, 9:00am - 12:00pm
- Early drop-off option, 8:30am every day
Announcing our special guest shows for each session!
During each two-week session, we host a special show just for SummerSault campers! We can't wait for this years fantastic guests:
We have just a couple of spots left, so please contact us if you are interested in joining camp!
- $1,750 per two-week session
- $175 registration fee per family and a $500 deposit per camper, to be charged at registration.
- Families receiving financial aid from Town are eligible for discounted camp fees; contact us for details.
Camper ages and class sizes:
- SummerSault 2021 is designed for ages 4 - 8, with special opportunities for our oldest campers.
- Classes will be kept small, around 12 students per group, with two teachers and one counselor-in-training (a high school or college-aged counselor) in each room.
- Class age groupings will be based on enrollment and friend requests.
- Campers will engage in art, dance, literacy, music, sports, and more, all on-site at Town. We will publish our planned daily class schedule once we have it set.
- Our half-day Fridays will focus on a single immersive experience, such as planting on the terrace, making slime, and age-appropriate coding.
- And of course all campers will learn and sing our traditional camp song! One of our favorite lines: “SummerSault, SummerSault...I’ve got the sillies, but it’s not my fault” :)
- SummerSault will provide a daily mid-morning snack and water throughout the day.
- Campers will bring their lunches Monday-Friday, and may make use of the classroom refrigerator if needed.
- All food provided by SummerSault or brought in by families will adhere to our allergy guidelines as a nut- and seed-free school.
Health and Safety
- We will continue with the protocols and practices that have been effective during the school year: wearing masks, washing hands regularly, using plexiglass dividers for collaborative work, regularly disinfecting surfaces, and maintaining close communication with our nurse.
- All campers and non-vaccinated counselors must submit a negative COVID-19 test result within five days before the start of each camp session.
- Vaccinated counselors will submit a negative COVID-19 test within five days of the start of camp.
- All campers and counselors will need a completed daily health screening on file (sent to parents and counselors by text and email each morning) and an in-person temperature check before entering the building.
Who attends SummerSault?
Our SummerSault camp enrolls a diverse group of children, ages 4 - 8, from The Town School as well as other schools.
SummerSault at The Town School is licensed by the New York City Department of Health and is inspected twice yearly. The inspection reports are filed at Day Camps and Recreation.