Introducing SummerSault Sr.
Camp classes just for Town 5th - 8th graders.
Join us this summer to hone your skills and have some fun with fellow Town students and our awesome Upper School teachers!
- SummerSault Sr. classes are open to all Town rising 5th - 8th graders.
- Classes will run for six weeks (extended two weeks by popular demand!) June 22nd through July 31st, 2020
- Camp fees:
- $200 per week for for Math and Chess (3 hours of class per week)
- Meeting times vary by class, details below.
Math with Ms. O'Brien
Monday - Thursday, 11:15am - 12:00pm
- Each week will have a project and a core mathematical concept paired together. The core concept will be explored, reviewed, articulated and discussed through the context of the week's project.
- At the end of each week, each camper will have a finished project that they can share and use to explain what they learned throughout the week.
- Throughout the week, campers will problem solve and work together in small groups to explore mathematical concepts in a supportive and creative atmosphere.
- At the end of each week, campers will be given access to a flip grid where they can share out their finished product and see the finished products of their peers.
- SummerSault Sr. mathematicians will problem-solve together, enrich their math skills and, overall, have FUN!!
Chess with Mr. Ginzberg
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 12:45 - 2:30pm (includes 15-minute break)
Dive into chess! In this class, students will explore the basic strategies and tactics of the game of chess. Each session will combine instruction time with puzzles for students to solve (both crafted and from professional games), open discussion and analysis, and opportunities to play each other in a casual, respectful environment.
- Students joining after the first week should have some previous chess experience to help ensure an enjoyable class experience.